Back by popular demand! The feedback from the Virtual Winter 2016 SIM K-12 was overwhelmingly positive! We have set aside two dates for the Spring 2016 SIM K-12 sessions for you to choose from. They are June 8th, or June 9th, 2016. Below is some information to help you plan for these voluntary sessions.
In preparation for the virtual spring voluntary session of the System Implementation and Monitoring (SIM) work we are providing you with this advance information for planning purposes. Further information to follow:
- Boards will have a choice to participate virtually on either June 8, 2016, or June 9, 2016, for a day of learning and sharing. (half the day will be facilitated and the remainder of the day can be utilized by board teams to continue their work)
- It is recommended that Boards bring their team together in one location if possible in order to facilitate discussion amongst team members
- Board teams will continue to learn together regarding the implementation and monitoring of the mathematics goal in their BIPSA. The goal of the System Implementation and Monitoring is to support superintendents with the responsibility for the implementation of the board improvement plan for student achievement. The recommendations regarding membership on the K-12 SIM virtual session includes:
- Superintendents, School Effectiveness Lead, Student Success Lead, representation from elementary and secondary principals.
- Members with responsibility for the development of the BIPSA to leverage the learning from SIM across the board. (Consultants, Co-ordinators, Coaches, Student Work Study Teacher)
- MISA lead, board researcher
Consistency in the make-up of the K-12 SIM team is important. Please strive to have teams comprised of the same people that were engaged in the winter session or that have been engaged in the SIM work. The agenda, related resources, and registration information will be made available in April. For further information contact either:
More information about these learning sessions will be posted at a later date. In the meantime please save the date!